Job Level: Internship
Job Type: Part-Time or Full-Time
Years of Experience: 0 - 3 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS (Completed or in Progress)
Location: Houston, TX
DLA provides consultation, revision, critique, editing and proofreading services to a broad range of clients. They include:
- Academics (researchers, professors, master and PhD students ...);
- Applicants (for medical school, residency or fellowship; for law, dental or other graduate schools; for jobs, internships, observerships ...);
- Professionals (businesses, subject-matter experts, marketers and marketing teams, schools ...); and
- Writers (writing screenplays, non-fiction, fiction, query letters, synopses ...)
We are experts at what we do and want to communicate that to our target markets. Our marketing interns help achieve this by:
- Envisioning, researching and drafting long-form content (e.g., blog posts, press releases, website resources, client newsletters);
- Envisioning, researching and drafting social-media content (i.e., Facebook posts);
- Doing the above according to a marketing plan and calendar;
- Proposing improvements or alternatives to marketing strategy;
- Following instructions and completing tasks independently; and
- Being reliable and flexible.
The minimum time commitment is 20 hours per week during our regular business hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with a minimum duration of 4 weeks.
Experience & Skills
This position is perfect for those who are eager to break into the field of marketing and need experience to add to their resumes. When applying, keep in mind that marketing yourself is the first step toward being considered for the internship.